SLEEP COURSE: Sleep and Acupuncture: Information and Tools for Improving Sleep from a Chinese Medicine Perspective
This course is designed for individuals with sleep complaints, particularly insomnia, and to those who want to better understand ways to improve their sleep. Participants will learn how to implement tools from Chinese medicine and sleep science for quickly improved sleep.
· Understand sleep and nighttime awakening from Western Medicine perspective.
· Understand factors influencing sleep from a Chinese Medicine perspective.
· Identify times of night awakenings and associations with the Chinese Clock.
· Understand lifestyle factors affecting balance of yin and yang energies.
· Identification and understanding of acupressure points, meditation, and essential oils beneficial for sleep.
The course is approximately 60 minutes with instructional videos, handouts, guided meditation and acupressure.
Dr. Tracy Rupp Hockmeyer, Ph.D. brings her combined expertise from the fields of sleep science and Chinese medicine. Dr. Hockmeyer has worked in academic research for 15 years, including training from Brown University and Walter Reed Medical Center, and is a licensed acupuncturist.
Once you have purchased the course you will be given access with a log in to your own course page for the topic containing video instruction and more (course enrollment may take up to 24 hrs to activate)!